Watch for GG’s review of Delivering Happiness on its release date, June 7th 2010!!
I am honored to be selected to review the new, yet-to-be released book by Tony Hsieh, the successful, young CEO of Zappos.com! The Zappos team generously sent me two advanced copies of Delivering Happiness – A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose. I’m busy reading my first copy and can’t wait to post the review. In the meantime, I’d like to give away the second copy to one lucky GG follower.
This book will not be released until June 7th. I would like YOU to receive an advanced copy!
I’m almost halfway through the book and can tell you that Hsieh shares insightful, interesting and humorous anecdotes about his plight through entrepreneurship. He doesn’t use a ghostwriter and writes authentically. This read is useful for all in its illustration of how Hsieh uses happiness as a framework (imagine!!) to produce results in business and personal life.
So . . . here is my challenge to you. Too many times people see the glass half empty instead of half full; too many times people don’t see the fun in life; too many times people don’t feel the joy in their journeys. I challenge you to deliver happiness to someone and share just how you did it:
1. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/GradingGirl
2. Perform an act of kindness to someone you know or to a complete stranger. Your act of kindness can be as simple or elaborate as you like.
3. Come back to this post and, in the comments, describe that act of kindness. What did you do? What was the reaction and result of your delivered happiness?
4. Respond by Friday, May 14th 11:59pm. You can post as many delivered happiness descriptions as you like.
5. One winner will be chosen based on the genuineness of the delivered happiness.
6. I will mail the book anywhere in the United States. SPAM comments will be deleted if deemed appropriate. Make sure you have a valid email address when commenting so I can contact you for a shipping address. (your email address will be kept private)
Enjoy delivering happiness!!!
**GG does NOT endorse or giveaway products I do not stand behind. As an English teacher, a self-proclaimed reviewer of “all things worth grading,” and a life-long reader of many books, I can give this away with confidence that the recipient will not be disappointed.**