Happy February! Having a wee bit of trouble keeping up with your new year’s resolutions? No worries – here are some ideas for embracing the sheer joy of exercise!
1. Invest in a spray tan and stroll into the gym with your newly applied color. It’ll accentuate your muscles and make you feel fabulous flexing them. My A+ recommendation = Get Your Tan On
2. Equipment everyone should have at home when you can’t get to the gym:
a. 10 & 15 pound dumbbells
b. a jump rope (fun, inexpensive, easy cardio!)
c. an exercise ball – there are so many exercises you can do with this from performing crunches while sitting on the ball to lying on the ground with the ball squeezed between your calves and performing leg raises.
d. your able-bodied self! (push ups, sit ups, lunges, squats, kicks, etc . . . none of these powerhouse moves absolutely require a piece of equipment)
Honestly, that is all you truly need to get in a solid workout at home. Check out my Workout for the Weary for more info.
3. Treat yourself to a new exercise outfit. My A+ recommendation for the ladies = the Best Yoga Pants Ever! Trust me!!
4. Schedule hot yoga, massage, and a mani & pedi all in the same day. I did this once and can’t wait to do it again. Heaven on Earth! My A+ place for hot yoga = The Only Guaranteed Moment is This One
5. Break out of your mold and try a new exercise or use a piece of equipment that you’ve never used before at the gym.
6. Try a new type of cardio. I just played racquetball for the first time – very fun!!! Additionally, here’s a review of a class that holds benefits for all gym goers: Improve Posture and Poise with Pam’s Pilates and Progression in Pam’s Pilates
8. One goal on my list for this year – and it should be yours too: schedule a photo shoot with a physique photographer!! It’ll motivate you to get into tip-top shape.
9. Double your repetitions on all exercises for a month, then check out your cuts in the mirror!
10. Check out my favorite resources for fitness facts: Muscle & Fitness Hers and Oxygen. Both of these magazines are packed with step-by-step exercise instruction, nutrition nuggets and inspiring fitness facts. Gentlemen, Muscle & Fitness is highly recommended!